Thursday, March 3, 2011

Love....When or how do you know it's real?



Love....makes me speechless....makes me wonder...makes me happy...makes me sad.

More on love...after the break.


 What is love? When or how do you know it's real? I've heard that when you feel it in your spirit and in your heart, it's real. Time and time again, I ask myself, "Is this for me?" "Is this where God wants me to be?" Many times I've wanted to walk out on my relationship. It's hard. Really hard. Did I say it's hard? It's HARD! I'm used to running from my problems.This is the first time in a relationship I've been patient, understanding and non-judgmental. I know that in any relationship, there will be arguments and disagreements. Why? Because two DIFFERENT people are coming together in an attempt to pursue love and happiness together as one. I pray and ask God daily to lead me in the direction he chooses for me. I don't want to take matters into my own hands. In the past, I've done that and guess what? It didn't work. God didn't want THAT for me. I wanted THAT for me and as a result, it never got any better. No matter how hard I prayed, it only got worse. Time heals all wounds so I can look back with a sigh of relief and say thank you...to God. I say it all the time, God is working on me and I have to respect the process and be patient.

My mother-in-law told me love is real when you feel it in your heart, not in your mind. Kinda like a conscious that keeps talking to you. I have married friends that I talk to all the time. They inspire me so much. Thank you for listening and giving me your sound advice: Emery, Valquisha, Lekeesha, Shawntay, and William. I love you guys and I commend you for FIGHTING for what you want and not walking out. You guys inspire me more than you know. You all have the strength that I'm still searching for.

Pardon me if I'm skipping around. I usually type my feelings and thoughts as they come. :) In my opinion, Love is hard, it's complicated, at times. Love can be great one day then other days, you can hate that love came in a door you didn't know you left open. I'm still praying for direction for both myself, my fiancé and our family. Praying that God will help us make the right decision. Is this for us or is it not.

What does love mean to you?

Photo courtesy of www.lacomunidad.elpais.com

No comments:

Post a Comment