Sunday, February 27, 2011

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

According to Dictionary.com, post traumatic disorder is defined as a mental disorder, as battle fatigue, occurring after a traumatic event outside the range of usual human experience, and characterized by symptoms such as reliving the event, reduced involvement with others, and manifestations of autonomic arousal such as hyperalertness and exaggerated startle response.

To read on, click below *Puts on glasses and begins to type*

I birthed a healthy baby boy on Friday, January 28, 2011. 6.9 lbs and and 19.5 inches long. I'm thankful for little Euri Makhi Jenkins. I love him. I kinda feel I've been experiencing a little post traumatic stress disorder. I have been stuck in the house for four weeks. I've only really left to go to doctor's visits for him and for myself, for the most part. Other than that, I've been home. My eyebrows need threading or waxing, I'm in need of a pedicure and a manicure, my hair is as nappy as it was before I got my first relaxer ever, I'm still healing from the cesarean, I watch television (all day everyday) and see so many different fashion styles I would like to try, different styles I would like to do to my hair, I've been missing church as a result of having to stay in the house. Nonetheless, I've been praying and reading the Bible. I've been trying on my clothes pre-baby and guess what....they don't fit, none of them fit! I'm wondering if I'll go back to my normal size or if I'll have to do some "therapy shopping" and buy things that fit now. My son is four weeks old and I'm still wearing maternity clothes. I'm used to getting my hair done every two weeks, manicure and pedicure every two or three weeks and eyebrows once per month being that my hair doesn't grow that fast. Being couped up in the house, not being able to do anything is driving me insane! It's almost as if my only reason for these six weeks to pass by is for me to get cute for my sweetheart, cute for myself and get back on my "A" game. Then I wonder if he'll cheat on me because I'm not attractive or pretty right now. Those are things that bother me each and every day. I do know that all things happen for a reason and if he really loves me, he's gonna love me through it all. This is a temporary phase in my life. I'll be back! :-)

Is this considered Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? Ummmm....I think it's somewhat of a mild case of it. Anywho, I have about two weeks left of being in the house. As a result of the surgery, I still have to take it easy so still no full-time work but at least I'll get to leave the house and get all dolled up. :)