Monday, March 14, 2011

Praying and Fasting

I've been under attack with my finances, my relationship and my career. In the past, I've always been able to realize what was going on and take it to the Lord in prayer. Over the past few months, my relationship with God began to weaken. Anytime I was stressed out or bothered about something, I started going to my friends when I should have been taking it to God and leaving it with him to handle. I know that God is the ruler of all things and he can fix it for me. As a result of my relationship with him weakening, I wasn't thinking to go to him whereas, in the past, it was ALWAYS the first thing I would do.

More after the break.....

I've made it up in my mind that I'm going back to him, I'm now rebuilding and strengthening my relationship with him. He put all these recent situations in my life to get my attention. Even still I wasn't thinking. All I kept saying is, "This relationship isn't for me. Things have all of a sudden started happening within days of each other. Relationships aren't suppose to be this complicated. We're two people that love each other and want to make it work. This isn't for us." The enemy started making me doubt what God had already told me was mine, I just need to be patient, understanding and continue on my walk with him; but because I strayed away, I started to have those doubts.

I am currently on a five day spiritual fast where I will only drink water for the first three days and the other two, I will eat fruits and vegetables to go along with the water. I'm praying and fasting to get my heart back where it was with the Lord, refocus on my career; Creative Party Designing and Makeva Harold Foundation, Inc. should both be doing better than what they are. I'm fasting and praying that my family strengthen their relationship with God, my children will have a relationship with him NOW, my boyfriend will get right with God and stop running from what he is called to do. Lastly, I'm praying and fasting that my friends be delivered from all evil. Instead of going to God about my problems, I've tried to fix them myself and they only got worse. I know it is out of my hands and I had to take it to God and leave it there. It's hard to say you're gonna take something to God and leave it there but this time around, I'm doing that and I feel a great release of heartache and stress.

A friend of mine is an entrepreneur as well. We're usually on the same page when it comes to dealing with our struggles and sacrifices made to get where we want to be. She called yesterday saying how she was upset with God and stop paying her tithes because she did not have a car and did not want to ride the bus to church and blamed it on God that she didn't have a car. She was the same one that told me to respect the process of what God was doing in my life when I called her complaining. She also told me that all things; good and bad are molding me into who God has called me to be. I shared that same conversation with her and told her to cheer up. God is allowing her to get used to a sophisticated lifestyle early on; yes it's a bus driver but soon and very soon, she will have her own personal driver, driving her Maybach or whatever type of vehicle her heart desires. She too is also participating in this fast with me. I'm excited that we're about to walk into our destiny and get all we have wanted. It's our reaping season! We've sown so much and now it's time to reap a harvest! The Bible says, "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galations 6:9

Is this fast gonna be easy?! Absolutely not! Right now, I'm craving Krispy Kreme doughnuts, chocolate chip cookies and candy but I keep telling myself to think about the bigger picture and praying those temptations go away. I want my family to be saved, I want my boyfriend to be saved, I want my friends to be saved, I want my companies to be lucrative, I want to be able to resist temptation more often than not, I want to be able to have a strong relationship with God. Isn't that more important and is of so much more value than a doughnut? I will not allow Krispy Kreme doughnuts and nothing else to break my fast and allow me to lose my focus on what I'm trying to do. That is the trick of the enemy and HE WILL NOT WIN! I will conquer all things with the help of the Lord. I was called on this earth to do something and I'm gonna do it!