Monday, April 26, 2010

Pardon Me As I Dream



Is Walt Disney World the only place where dreams come true? I think not. So if you don't mind, pardon me as I dream and I'm dreaming with my eyes wide open. *clears throat* Yes, I have it all outlined.

Someone asked me, why did I name my organization "Makeva Harold Foundation, Inc."
I said because when celebrities have a non-profit organization, they title it their name and I like it. She said yeah but they're celebrities, they already have a name for themselves and you don't; no one knows who you are. I said yeah I understand that and that's fine but in due time, I'll have a name for myself too. I'm on my way to the top just like them. I said to myself, this is one more person that will be proven wrong. I don't think she believes I can do it. Soooo....here goes my dream.

Makeva Harold, MSW is the Founder and Executive Director of Makeva Harold Foundation, Inc. Makeva Harold Foundation, Inc. is a nationally known not-for-profit organization that provides social services free of charge to those in the community on a nationwide scale. The foundation is located in Florida, California, New York, the Carolinas and Georgia. Makeva's plan is to venture out to a few more states in due time. She also owns and operates several male & female group homes throughout the State of Florida; A Place Called Home, The Villages, The Cottages, Ceniya's Place; A Place for Girls, My Place is Your Place, House of Opportunity, Grandma's Village, CAK Turtles (Ceniya Aubrean King Turtles) are all places that she owns. She is passionately dedicated to serving those in need. Makeva started this journey with hope, faith, prayer and a condo in foreclosure. Makeva has put forth all her hard earned money to get these group homes off the ground and successfully operated. She is more concerned with the well being of these children than anything else. The staff are all professionally trained to carry out the mission and vision of each group home. Furthermore, all staff have the same vested interest as Makeva. Each group home is designed with the teenager in mind. This is their home away from home. Each child receives all the love and support they lacked in their home. Makeva Harold has a heart to provide for others and she often times puts those in need before herself.

Makeva frequently visits all her group homes on a monthly basis to ensure that the staff are all abiding by the policies and procedures as well as ensuring that the residents are learning and gaining self-sufficiency skills. Each resident is provided a Case Manager, Mentor and Tutor. They go on bi-weekly fun, exciting and educational trips as well as complete community service hours by feeding the homeless, cleaning highways, painting graffiti, etc. The children in these group homes definitely gain a wealth of knowledge prior to their 18th birthday. This is done in order for these children to learn how to live independent prior to becoming an adult. They leave their group home appreciating all that was done for them.

*Makeva begins to cry*

Makeva wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth and had it not been for her grandmother, she would've easily been one of these children in a group home. This pretty much explains why she is so passionate and dedicated to working with these children. She clearly understands what they are going through. Prior to receiving donations and funding for these group homes, this was all funded out of her pocket for over a year. Therefore, you realize it's not about the money, this is about being a helping hand to those in need. Makeva is a community voice to those who have no voice. Major sacrifices were made that one could only imagine. She works hard so her daughter, Ceniya King, won't have to if she chooses not to.

*dream ends here*

Don't try to go and steal my dream because it's all been copyrighted :)

I'm done speaking about my dream. Now you have it! Time for me to go out and continue touching lives and making as many changes as possible. I know my daughter will be so proud of me when she can clearly understand what I'm doing. All she says now is, "Mommy, are you still at work in the green building?" I reply, "Yes and I'm doing it all for you so we can get that big house with the stairs that you keep asking for."

DEDICATED TO CENIYA AUBREAN KING. I LOVE YOU!!!

7 comments:

  1. This is very inspiring, touching, and motivating. You have come a long way and you're still climbing. I'm very proud of you Makeva!!!! You have touch so many ppl and brighten so many smiles.Keep up the good work Auntie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! that just pushes me more to read that. I many need to go ahead with the Wynning Kids Foundation advocating for kids. I am glad the picture help. Now off to Tiffany Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in awe as to how driven and focused you are, not to mention goal ambitous. You are doing everything right for example, you ate speaking life over your situations and moreover, you are calling those things that b not as if as though they were (scripture). And you're already in position to receive your blessings. The nay sayers will look to you for employment or they may even try and duplicate "your" dream. Of course there are hundreds of foundations and group homes all over the county, but none will be as prosperous as yours as you have been predestined for such a calling. Oh yeah, I know someone that can hook the security system up in that big house with the stairwell as well as someone who can chauffeur you to and fro
    all of your destinations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!!! Im speachless!!! Youve just touched my life! Oh wow! You go girl!!! Very inspiring! May the Lord bless you and everything that you put your hads to do!!! I always knew you were someone special... I just didnt know your story! Im happy to know that I have someone to look up to and I dont mind humbling myself to do so! God bless you Makeva!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you know I gotta get my respect and remarks on post for you,...!!! :-) I too always knew you were the real deal,...!!! I don't know if you recall but I remember when I first met you when you started comeN to the church,...! you know I was one of the main persons to keep in touch and follow up etc...with new members and members in general,...but I always told myself that you were sum1 I needed to be associated with. And girl you may not know but you and whitney were my initial motivations to get things started for myself. ;-) Gotta give credit where its due. I admit I have much much further to go than you,...and I am not even talking about outward accomplishment, even tho I have those as well,...but I am talking about the mindset, discipline, the inner things that make you a successful business woman. Girl you be on point,...! I be wishing and prayN that god would help me to get more on point with things,..but im a work in progress,...! But no matter how I slack at times in the midst of all the lifes whirl of circumstances I am constantly pruning and tryN to get things right so I can be like the others gone before me,...! That be you,...! After all I know you have lifes issues to address too,...you even have your baby girl and many others concerns that I dont carry as well along with your school when you were there,...child you be doing your thing,...! Juggling while your juggling,...! May the lord bless you for that. Uuugggghhhh Lord help little ol'me,...! Honestly I have no excuse. But seeing you I know it can be done. :-) But yes this is a motivator very evident. I am so happy god has blessed me with ur friendship,...!!! God knows how to connect you with that community of people who can help you in getting to where you want and need to go,...! Your pleasing god and touching others just by doing what you do,...!!! Keep it steady Sista Girl,...Like I know you will,...!!! And u always know I know I can't do much,...! (Temporaily that is...) But if you need me you already know I got you,... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's not a dream, Keva, that's your vision...becoming reality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. stephanie samples/gloverMay 24, 2010 at 11:34 PM

    you go girl and don't let nobody stop you.....God said write the vision and make it plain, you did that now all you have to do is trust that he will bring it to past.

    ReplyDelete