Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pursuit of Happyness...Either you're with me or you're not




I have this movie on DVD and I watched it a few years ago when I was still employed as a Juvenile Probation Officer. It came on TV this past weekend and I watched it again. (I'm an entrepreneur now) The feeling I had when I watched it a few years ago and the feeling I had when I watched it a few days ago was totally different. I could relate to what he was going through more than ever this time around. Not everyone understands what I'm trying to do, friends have come and gone, people owe me money that I still don't have and so on and so forth.


In my pursuit of happiness and success, many people have fallen to the wayside. Rev Run stated something along the lines of this, "On the journey to success, you will lose a few friends, but keep it moving." This keeps me going everyday. I don't think anyone understands how hard I work but ME and at the end of the day, I really don't care what anyone else thinks. If I don't like something, I will change it, but if you don't like something I'm doing, your bad *Kanye Shrug*

I remember the scene in the movie when Will was beating on the door asking the guy for the $14 he owed him. A few years ago I was like, it's only $14 and you probably said the same thing but now, I totally understand. Regardless of the amount, you want what's rightfully yours and because he was diligently working to reach his goal, all his money was spent on things to get him there so he didn't always have money and I know he was thinking how I think, I can do a lot with $14. Just like people will ride in my car and not give me gas money, owe me money and still haven't paid me, I'm pissed off about it too! That's why I say, people have fallen to the wayside. Either they've fallen there because they didn't understand what it was I'm doing or I just simply drop them off there. I have the utmost respect for the people that understand what I'm doing and are still here through my struggles because when I take off, which will be pretty soon, they're coming with me. Anyone who dares try to jump on my bus when it moves and they haven't been around or they were only around to try and use me, better hope I take the situation lightly. Understand this, I'm a very kind-hearted person and whatever I have is yours if you so desperately need it but don't take advantage of my kindness.

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me -Philippians 4:13

I have a story to tell and I can't wait to tell it!!! Oprah, Tyler Perry, Monique, whomever...I'm coming to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment