Monday, November 4, 2013

Who I Am

 
 
 
I'm that girl who isn't afraid of failing. I'm that girl that will try 1,000 different things that probably didn't work and would still be willing to try 1,001 more times. I don't quit. I won't give up. Regardless of what it looks like, I still believe. My name is Makeva Harold....Jenkins, I am ME!
 

 
If I had to give a title to my hustle, I'd say I'm a Social Media Guru, Business Consultant, Web & Business Developer and Publicist. These descriptions all tie in together. I help Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners achieve their personal and career goals. In doing so, I'm also helping myself. I'm striving to create a brand, a household name, a name that when you hear it, you'd want to work with me. You'd want me to work for you to help you grow your business. I'm good at what I do but I need people to know it, I need people to see me for who I am, see my work ethic, see how hard I work and give me a chance. You can work hard all day long but if you're not connected with the right people, it's pointless, it's a waste of time.
 
I work hard for my family, so I can bring meat to the table with my husband. I know that the husband is the head and he is the provider and protector of his family BUT I wasn't raised to not get it on my own; therefore, we get it together! My Grandmother instilled this in me at a young age and though she doesn't understand my hustle and feels that I should get a "real job," I love her to pieces. I would like for her to understand that this is my "real job." I may not have a consistent paycheck rolling in and I may not be able to do all the things I used to do like traveling, shopping, getting my hair done faithfully every two weeks BUT I'm okay with that. These are the sacrifices I make to focus on my business, to put my profits back into my business so I can grow my business. This is only for a short period of time that I will have to make these sacrifices so I'm okay with it.
 
 
I hear this quote all the time, "If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough." Maaannnnn!!! My dreams scare the living daylight out of me. I want so much. I want to do so much. I have so much planned. I'm just praying and believing that my plans line up with God's plans for my life, if not his being larger than mine. I do what I do because I love it and it doesn't come off as work for me. I also am thankful that I can inspire others. I smile when people message me, text me, call me or give me gifts just because they say I inspired them to not give up or that I helped them get where they are today. Just yesterday, I received $100 from someone who told me I was a blessing to them and they wanted to thank me. In my head, I was just being me. I know that my life isn't just for me; it may not be for me at all but I can gladly say, I'm happy to know that I motivate and inspire others to keep pushing. That's part of me building my brand. I'd never tell you to do something I haven't done. My faith is strong. I'm the type of person that would jump off a cliff and trust God to allow me to fly. I have that kind of faith. I'm fearless. I'm not afraid to take risks. If an opportunity doesn't come to me, I'll create the opportunity for myself. I don't wait until a door opens, I either open it or build another door. That's just me. I'm motivated. I'm ambitious. I'm destined to succeed. I'm just a girl from a small, rural, not really heard about city, Belle Glade, Fl, trying to make it, trying to create a better life for my family and get my family out of the hood. Everyday, that's my focus. I will hit the pavement running daily until I do just that and will work even harder to maintain it. Mark my words. Long day, okay. Stressful day, okay. Sick day, okay. I work and I work hard.
 
 
This is who I am. Makeva Harold....Jenkins. Thanks for reading. Enjoy your day!!!


Photo Credit: www.scenicreflections.com

3 comments:

  1. You are doing great work Makeva. Keep doing you and you will be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great work Makeva. Keep doing you and you will be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sad ending to such a bright light

    ReplyDelete