Monday, August 15, 2011

Sleep is For Broke People...Guess I'm Sleeping Too Much

Sleep is For Broke People...Guess I'm Sleeping Too Much

First and foremost, I would like to say hello to all my Readers. Yeah, I know. It's been a minute. In Lil Wayne's voice, sorry for the wait.

This past Friday, I watched a video about how bad one wants success. The guy talked about losing sleep and wanting it as bad as you breathe. He went on to say that an interview was done on the Rapper 50 Cent and someone asked him when does he sleep because he works so much. 50 Cent said, "Sleep? Sleep is for broke people. While I'm sleep, I'm missing out on opportunities." I so agree with that. I said to myself, dang! I guess I'm sleeping too much. I remember when I used to work off three and four hours of sleep and I was GRINDING. My first office was downtown on the corner of Clematis Street and Dixie Highway. I couldn't afford to pay for the daily parking so I would park at the TriRail station and walk to my office. This was July, 2009. OOOhhhh was it HOT! As I walked, iPod on repeat was playing Trey Songz's "Successful." I was going hard for what I was most passionate about and that was Creative Party Designing, Inc. and Makeva Harold Foundation, Inc.

I must admit, I fell off a whole lot from then to now; falling in love, having a second baby, being engaged, baby mama drama from the other baby mama lol. I didn't lose my way but I stopped on my path. I have been inspired to pick up where I left off. I have been inspired to grind harder than I was before. I'm continuing to pray for guidance and understanding. Yes, I'm still on this winding road going up the ladder to success. Without God, I know I would not have made it this far. He has really proven himself in my life. He has shown me that he's worthy of my praise. I remember having the good job (making someone else rich) to now making sacrifices to get my companies rooted and grounded so they can make me wealthy. I don't want to be rich. I want to be wealthy. My faith has really been tested but I'll discuss that in another blog topic. I just wanted to reach out to you all (My Readers) to make sure you're continuing to be inspired because we all need it. Be inspired and be an inspiration to others. As always, thanks for reading. Again, my apologies and sorry for the wait.