Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Trying to Stay Humble



So I'm gonna get that Bentley Coupe that I so desperately want. I'm gonna get the Range Rover as well. I'm gonna get the house with the stairs that my daughter wants. I'm gonna be making a million plus. How do I know this? It's all been told to me. God said, I will get all that I ask for as long as I'm obedient and faithful to his word. I'm not perfect; therefore, I ask for forgiveness and repent for my sins. What I'm praying is that I will remain humble once I have accomplished all my goals. It's easy to be humble when you don't really have all that you want. It's easy to be humble when you're on your way to the top. To see your name/face/company info on billboards, commercials, you've gained your celebrity status and you have that million plus in the bank, is it really that easy to remain humble?  To read more click below.


I don't think so. I know so many people who have prayed and continue to pray for my downfall, people who have told me I couldn't do what it is I've set out to do; those are the same people I just want to shit on go back and ask, "What do you have to say now? Do you still think I'm not gonna make it?". Though I know that's not the right thing to do, I just want to do it sooooo bad. I think what will keep me from doing it is knowing that God can take it all away in the blink of an eye.

I'm praying that I continue to be obedient to God's unchanging word and continue to move forward. I have been faced with several obstacles that I'm not trying to decide which route to take because I know it's not the end of the road for me; I just need to know which turn to take and I'll continue to be on my way.

The most important thing about being successful is not allowing the fortune and fame to get to your head and you forget who you are. Always remember who you are and don't change for no one. This is a constant reminder for myself. Thanks for reading. Have a productive day! :-)

No comments: