Monday, June 7, 2010

Lay your own Foundation

This is more for the ladies. Lay your own Foundation.

My grandmother was a homeowner at the age of 17. Her home telephone is still the same from the time she purchased that home until now. I lived with my grandmother until I went to college at 17 years old. Never did I have to see my grandmother depend on a man for anything. Growing up, my grandmother taught me well. She was the best teacher I had. Sometimes I didn't always listen but it all makes sense now. She always told me, "Makeva, lay your own foundation." She taught me to always be able to hold my own whether a man was in the picture or not. She always said own your own home or have your apartment in your name and in the event you decided to get married or your boyfriend moved in with you, make sure your foundation was laid; therefore, he could never put you out and if he decided to walk out on you, you had your own bank account with your own money, you had your own job and you didn't have to depend on him and things would still be "normal" in your house when the man was gone.

Though my grandmoter wasn't all that spiritual, we went to church occasionally and I've learned to always keep my faith in God. Man will always let you down. God is always with us even when we feel that we're all alone. God will never let us down. I'm a living witness that God is a provider and always hears my prayers. Trust in God, believe that he will  always answer your prayers and he will always be with you. I know it's easier said than done but trust him, he will never let you down. We all deal with things that really hurt us, make us cry, and make us wonder why. Remember, God has a plan for you and I. He will work all things out that you're going through but you have to pray to him. He will turn all bad things into good. He wants to have a relationship with you, he loves you. He's waiting to hear from you.