Saturday, May 15, 2010

God Knew

Many of us (including myself) always questions God and wonders why do we go through the things we go through.
Here goes to another long topic and this one is gonna make you think.

Born on a hot summer day, in August, 1983, God knew what he was doing when he created....Makeva Sekenya Harold.



God knew what he was doing when he gave me a mom who experimented with drugs.
Taught me to say no to drugs.
God knew what he was doing when he gave me a dad who sold and experimented with drugs.
Taught me to say no to drugs. Taught me to not break the law; although at times, I did anyway.
God knew what he was doing when he gave me a dad who was married and I was the middle child of his three daughters.
Taught me to not settle for less regardless of the situation.
God knew what he was doing when he decided to allow my grandmother to be my guardian.
Taught me to be stong and value what I had. Taught me how to be independent.
God knew what he was doing when he allowed me to be raised in Belle Glade, Florida.
I knew nothing but nails with a bunch of diamonds, updos with three hair dos in one, football, football, football and a little education.
Made me have to work twice as hard to prove myself in college, University of South Florida and Barry University but I gained a wealth of knowledge.
God knew what he was doing when gave me friends that stabbed me in my back, had sex with my boyfriend, fought me and still said they were my friends.
Taught me the difference between haters, friends, acquaintances, keeping personal business to myself, not to speak on anything I wouldn't want to hear again later.
God knew what he was doing when he gave me an older boyfriend who later became married and lied about it.
Made me remember what my mother went through dating a married man so I removed myself from the situation.
God knew what he was doing when he gave me a boyfriend who depended on me as his backbone.
Made me realize that I wanted a man who could hold his own.
God knew what he was doing when he blessed me to have a daughter from a guy who wasn't even my boyfriend.
Out of my biggest mistake, came my biggest blessing. I love you Ceniya.
Taught me how to be a wonderful mom and not look for any handouts from anyone even when her father wasn't being a father. But that's neither here nor there. Of course, his story is much different from mine.
God knew what he was doing when he had my mind set on majoring in Business Management when I first went to college, changed to Mass Communications, then finally Criminology.
Keep reading and it'll all fall in place.
God knew what he was doing when he allowed me to be the first in my immediate family to graduate from college.
I began to set examples for others to follow. Now my cousin is now attending University of South Florida and will soon be graduating. I love you Jarvis.
God knew what he was doing when he moved me back to Belle Glade after being in "the city," Tampa, Florida, for four years.
I then became a Juvenile Probation Officer. Allowed me to become a home owner and relocate to West Palm Beach, Florida.
God knew what he was doing when he allowed me to meet this handsome, intelligent, sexy, independent, attorney dude. Oh, he knew how to color too...outside the lines. :-) DJM
Taught me my strength as a woman, patience, tolerance level and how to really truly love someone.
God knew what he was doing when I applied for so many jobs fresh out of college and the first agency that called back and offered me a job was Department of Juvenile Justice.
Being in the Probation capacity made me realize I had a passion for helping others. I went above and beyond my call of duty for all of my clients.
Which then sparked my interest in Social Work. God knew what he was doing when he allowed me to attend Graduate School pursuing a Master's Degree in Social Work.
I realized this was what I was called to do....Social Work.
God knew what he was doing when he allowed me to resign as a Juvenile Probation Officer and become a Life Coach with Kids @ Home to provide more direct Social Work.
Im getting down to it. Hold on.
God knew what he was doing when my job as a Life Coach with Kids @ Home closed their doors.
I decided to do my own thing, become a full-time entrepreneur, start my own organization, Makeva Harold Foundation, Inc. and work so hard to be a role model for youth and adults, assist others in making positive choices and become successful citizens in the community. The Business Management taught me how to run my business (the business I wasn't even thinking about), the Mass Communications taught me how to create press releases and sponsorship proposals and market my company (a company that back then I didn't know I would have) Criminology led me to Social Work and back then I was majoring in Criminology because I wanted to be a Special Agent for the FBI.
God knew what he was doing when he unexpectedly made me the guardian of my 15 year old brother.
Teaching me early how to raise a teenager. Allowing me to realize my strength, again, the strength I never knew I had. Allowing me to realize that I never knew I could experience so much yet I still move forward and am still being blessed and still well taken care of by God.
God knew what he was doing when he gave me strength to leave a stressful relationship, relax for 1.5 years and finally meet a good man.
Made me realize that love had not given up on me and love still exists.
God knew what he was doing when he introduced me to this man where, in the beginning, no one could believe I really liked him. Even he didn't believe it.
Teaching me how to love a black man and being receptive to the love he reciprocates. Helping us build from the foundation up. Molding both of us for what is to come in our lives. Strengthening us and opening our eyes to realize that opposites do attract.
God knew what he was doing when he allowed me to go through all of this.
I now inspire so many other people. My name will live on once I'm gone.

"All things come together for the good of those that love the Lord" Romans 8:28

I say all these things to say that everything I went through and everything I still go through is all for the good. Although it hurts sometimes and I cry and I get a little sad, I always remember that I'm a work in progress and from 1983-present all those things made me who I am today and I'm grateful for ALL those experiences. One should not want to go through life not experiencing anything because you would not know how to swing at the curve balls or which way to go when there's a detour in the road.

I wanna hear from you. Make your comments.

5 comments:

  1. Great autobiography! So well written too (the English teacher in me)..lol.

    -Shaneka N. Lunford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ms. Harold that was beautiful and inspiring for me and i'm sure anyone else who will read this post. Thank you for making a difference!! God truly has a purpose for you and you have found it!! God Bless you
    Love Chandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. True and inspiring(as u always are).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow u went from one extreme to the next. I must admit it was very inspiring, especially well all of it. There are times when we're going through our trials n tribulations, that we think we're the only ones this is happening to, but this blog let us all know everyone goes through it. I'm just glad that you've realized your purpose in this world n just didn't give up. Congratulations on all of your accomplishments n just keep on keeping on. And yes I, too believe that opposites attract.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is dope Makeva!

    ReplyDelete